The World of Jake

Friday, September 29, 2006

Shepherd

Here is a poem I wrote several years ago.
It speaks of my deepest heart longings and how they are being met in Jesus:

Shepherd
Shepherd, Shepherd, soul’s delight,
Come lead me to your peace,
The restless voice of this world’s cares,
It never seems to cease.
Come grab my hand and lead me through
The questions in my head,
Make my heart at peace in You,
And leave the rest unsaid.
The human heart thirst for so much, for peace, for love, for justice, for security, for meaning, for significance etc, etc, etc.
Where is there a river that can satisfy all these thirsts?
Only in the heart of the Living God.
Expressed through Jesu's broken heart.

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger superstar said...

life just a good

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger moatassem bellah said...

Hey man , press view my complete profile , then dit profile , then search on google for the pic u want then show the real size of image , then copy and paste the adresse on the place which says ur profile thens ave profile that's it , then save the changes .

Thank u for ur nice comment ;)

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger n0rma1 said...

Good one, Jake (and I still haven't forgotten about looking through those other poems... at a galnce, my favourite so far is 'Little town of Bethlehem')

 

Post a Comment

<< Home